Sport policies, acts and regulations
The mission of Sport Canada is to enhance opportunities for Canadians to participate and excel in sport, through policy leadership and strategic investments in the sport system. Sport Canada has produced policies, in conjunction with Government of Canada sport acts and regulations.
Sport policies and strategies
- Actively Engaged: A Policy on Sport for Women and Girls
- Canadian Policy Against Doping in Sport
- Canadian Sport Policy
- Federal Government Policy on Tobacco Sponsorship of National Sport Organizations March 1985
[PDF Version, 90 KB]
- Federal Policy for hosting international sport events
- Intergovernmental Sport Policy Development
- Policy on Sport for Persons with a Disability
- Sport Canada's Policy on Aboriginal Peoples' Participation in Sport [PDF Version, 2 MB]
Sport acts and regulations
To access the PDF (Portable Document Format) version you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet:
To take advantage of PDF features:
- Save the PDF form on your computer;
- Open the file with your PDF reader;
- Complete the form; and
- Save it again once filled.
It is not recommended to open a PDF form within your browser. Some browsers use plugins by default to view the PDF which may not work properly with fillable PDF forms.
Please note that all saveable and fillable PDF forms posted on this Web site are created using Adobe® authoring tools. It is therefore recommended that you use the Adobe Reader®, version 9 or higher, for best results.
- Date modified: