World War Commemorations Community Fund
From 2014 to 2020, Canada is marking the centennial of the First World War and the 75th anniversary of the Second World War. The World War Commemorations Community Fund is a year-long initiative that funds events and activities between April 1, 2015 and March 31, 2016. Funding is available in the form of grants and contributions for community-based commemorative and educational projects that foster a greater awareness and understanding among Canadians of the importance of the world wars in the country’s history so that they may gain an appreciation of its impact on the Canada we know today and develop an increased sense of identity and pride.
Eligible funding recipients include:
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations, including corporations, trusts, cooperatives, unincorporated associations and First Nation organizations.
- Canadian business corporations, including partnerships, trusts and joint ventures where projects are non-commercial in nature.
- Canadian schools.
- Canadian municipal, provincial and territorial governments and their institutions.
Federal departments, agencies and institutions, private individuals and political parties are not eligible under the World War Commemorations Community Fund.
The deadline to submit a funding application was . Please note that the funding cycle is now closed.
Guide and help
- Applicant’s Guide
[PDF Version, 1 MB]
To access the PDF (Portable Document Format) version you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet:
To take advantage of PDF features:
- Save the PDF form on your computer;
- Open the file with your PDF reader;
- Complete the form; and
- Save it again once filled.
It is not recommended to open a PDF form within your browser. Some browsers use plugins by default to view the PDF which may not work properly with fillable PDF forms.
Please note that all saveable and fillable PDF forms posted on this Web site are created using Adobe® authoring tools. It is therefore recommended that you use the Adobe Reader®, version 9 or higher, for best results.
- Date modified: