The Canada 150 Fund
The goal of the Canada 150 Fund is to create opportunities for Canadians to participate in local, regional, and national celebrations that contribute to building a sense of pride and attachment to Canada.
A limited number of high impact, large-scale projects that are national in scope will also be supported through the Canada 150 Fund as Signature Initiatives.
Eligible funding recipients under the Canada 150 Fund include the following types:
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations, including corporations, trusts, cooperatives and unincorporated associations;
- Canadian business corporations, including partnerships, trusts and joint ventures where projects are non-commercial in nature;
- Canadian schools; and,
- Canadian municipal governments and their institutions.
Federal departments, agencies and institutions, Provincial and Territorial governments and their institutions, private individuals and political parties are not eligible under the Canada 150 Fund.
NEW: Please note that the Canada 150 Fund is no longer accepting applications for projects requesting over $50,000.
The Canada 150 Fund continues to accept applications for projects requesting $50,000 or less.
What you need before you start
Contact a Canadian Heritage program officer to get an application kit.
If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech-impaired, please call our toll-free TTY line. Use this line for all enquiries: 1-888-997-3123.
The toll-free line (1-866) has agents available to answer your questions.
- By phone:
- 819-997-0055 or 1-866-811-0055
- By email:
- By mail:
- Department of Canadian Heritage - Canada 150 Fund
25 Eddy Street, 11th Floor
- By fax:
- Date modified: