Canada Book Fund - Support for Organizations
The Canada Book Fund (CBF) – Support for Organizations contributes to the marketing and promotion of Canadian-authored books. The CBF's Support for Organizations also serves to strengthen the infrastructure and efficiency of the Canadian book industry.
The Support for Organizations stream of the CBF supports: marketing; professional development; internships; and technology projects. Collective projects that promote Canadian history titles are also supported.
Who can apply
To be eligible for the Support for Organizations stream of the CBF, an organization or professional association must be:
- Canadian-owned and -controlled;
- incorporated under the laws of Canada or a province; and
- active primarily in the book publishing, distribution, marketing, wholesale or retail sectors or represent Canadian authors.
NOTE: Canadian teaching institutions with a specialization in the book industry are eligible for professional development projects.
How to apply
- Review the Canada Book Fund – Support for Organizations – Application guide;
- Review the information on Budget categories and items; and
- Fill out and send us the Canada Book Fund – Support for Organizations – Application form (PDF version, 656 KB)
The application deadlines for the Support for Organizations stream of the Canada Book Fund are October 31, 2016 and May 1, 2017.
Contact usDepartment of Canadian Heritage
Canada Book Fund
25 Eddy Street, 25-8-T
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M5
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST).
Guides and help
- Canada Book Fund – Support for Organizations – Application guide
- Budget categories and items
- Canada Book Fund – Support for Organizations – Application form (PDF version, 656 KB)
- Canada Book Fund – Support for Organizations – Final report data form (PDF version, 212 KB)
- Guide on the public acknowledgement of financial support
- Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs
Information and additional services
To access the PDF (Portable Document Format) version you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet:
To take advantage of PDF features:
- Save the PDF form on your computer;
- Open the file with your PDF reader;
- Complete the form; and
- Save it again once filled.
It is not recommended to open a PDF form within your browser. Some browsers use plugins by default to view the PDF which may not work properly with fillable PDF forms.
Please note that all saveable and fillable PDF forms posted on this Web site are created using Adobe® authoring tools. It is therefore recommended that you use the Adobe Reader®, version 9 or higher, for best results.
- Date modified: