Electronic media holds information that can last a lifetime. However, proper care must be taken so this information can be retrieved and read time and time again. Take a look and find all the information you need, whether it is preparing to transfer audio and video recordings and information stored onto disks or CDs, or ensuring that this media is stored properly.
Frequently asked questions
Canadian Conservation Institute (CCI) Notes
- Digital Preservation Toolkit
- 19/19 Care of Archival Compact Disks 1996
- 19/20 Care of Archival Digital and Magnetic Media 1996
- 19/8 Preservation of Magnetic Media 1993
- 22/5 Digital Storage Media 2010
- Care and Handling of CDs and DVDs: A guide for librarians and archivists
- Library of Congress – Care, Handling, and Storage of Audio Visual Materials
To access the PDF (Portable Document Format) version you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet:
To take advantage of PDF features:
- Save the PDF form on your computer;
- Open the file with your PDF reader;
- Complete the form; and
- Save it again once filled.
It is not recommended to open a PDF form within your browser. Some browsers use plugins by default to view the PDF which may not work properly with fillable PDF forms.
Please note that all saveable and fillable PDF forms posted on this Web site are created using Adobe® authoring tools. It is therefore recommended that you use the Adobe Reader®, version 9 or higher, for best results.
- Date modified: