We refer to portfolio as a group of federal organizations, usually within a similar sphere of interest, that report to a Minister, or to Parliament through a Minister.
In addition to the Department of Canadian Heritage, which is charged with the development of laws and policies, the Canadian Heritage Portfolio comprises an important number of organizations active in the fields of arts, heritage, audiovisual and human rights.
The Canadian Heritage Portfolio consists of the Department, including two special operating agencies, the Canadian Conservation Institute and the Canadian Heritage Information Network, as well as:
- Canada Council for the Arts
- Canada Science and Technology Museums Corporation
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Canadian Museum for Human Rights
- Canadian Museum of History
- Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
- Canadian Museum of Nature
- Canadian Race Relations Foundation
- National Arts Centre
- National Capital Commission
- National Gallery of Canada
- Telefilm Canada
- Date modified: